Saturday, February 28, 2009

Beijing to Guangzhou


The Pearl River and part of the Guangzhou skyline. Notice the haze and smog - it is not nearly as bad here as it was in Beijing.



Inside the lobby of the White Swan ... pretty cool, eh???


Day 2 ...

We were up way too early to catch our flight to Guangzhou ... good thing though because it took forever to check in at the Beijing airport ! Our flight south was uneventful with an on time arrival. We are now in our hotel, The White Swan, moved into our rooms with toys, clothes and a crib all waiting for tomorrow afternoon. We will travel with 5 other families to meet our children.

Our group took a quick walking tour around our hotel. I think we were all in need of some good old western comfort food, so we found a restaurant, Lucy's, that had lots of western foods. Grilled cheese, burgers and fries, club sandwiches and wraps were on our plates. YUM !

Tonight we get our last minute paperwork together and have a good night's sleep to prepare for tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Hello to you all......must have been cold in Beijing.....otherwise you all look excited. And such photos....Did Dylan get his real Chinese food???? Good here. Barb/Bryce borrowed my car to go to Calgary..so I'm travelling in notstyle!!Gets me to Sherbrooke anyway.
    Tomorrow is your wonderful day.......my heart is bursting with happiness for you and Luo.....love grammy Ruth:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you guys!!..It looks like it is cold in Beijing.. I am glad it is going well for you all,
    Tomorrow is your special day,I am so excited for you.I wish I was there..
    Love...Claudette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow when you go and pick up your daughter..shes beautiful!!...you all must be so excited...can't wait to see more pics..have a safe trip!! Great to be following along with you..

    Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only a few more hours and you guys get to pick up Loulin, I am so happy for you guys.. I miss you all greatly, the house is fine and the animals are all happy. We have another snow storm coming in, it is supposed to drop between 9-13 inches of fresh poweder, hooray for that. I can't wait for you guys to come home. Have a good rest of the trip. I love you all.

    Love... Scott

    ReplyDelete